As the news media reports information about Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to assure our customers that Tenaska is taking the appropriate preparedness steps to ensure reliable service and minimize impact to our operations and customers. The purpose of this communication is to share with you what Tenaska is doing to ensure there are minimal disruptions to our day-to-day business, and to offer support to our customers in any way needed during this time.
We realize this event may impact our customers and their businesses differently and want to reassure you we are here if you need us. Tenaska is taking a proactive approach to protect business continuity. You can count on Tenaska to deliver.
What additional steps is Tenaska taking?
Tenaska has activated a pandemic policy to ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers, and to minimize any adverse impact to the business. Essential business functions have been identified and the following measures are being taken:
- Employees are required daily, to bring home laptops and other materials that may be required to work from home in preparation for imposition of a quarantine or closure of our offices;
- Physical visits to Tenaska locations by non-employees are restricted to essential activities only;
- All non-essential business travel has been suspended;
- Employees have been directed to utilize conference calls and video conferencing in lieu of traveling for meetings;
- Encouraging proper hygienic practices at work and home through posted communications throughout the offices and encouraging employees to stay home if sick.
Tenaska continues to monitor this evolving situation and is evaluating the need for additional measures on a daily basis.